Ideas For Posts

  • Favorite Scriptures and What They Mean To You
  • Prayers
  • Encouraging Words
  • "Funnies"
  • Writer's Choice!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Home, Sweet Home!

Don't tell anyone, but I think I just pulled off the biggest Houdini move ever! Last week I left our old house with dishes out, dirty laundry in the hampers and toys all over the place... Yesterday, Paul brought me home from the hospital to a georgeous home with our furniture placed beautifully, beds made, kitchen cabinets organized, my clothes neatly placed in my closet, toiletries out and 2 adorable happy children!?! How did I get away with that one?

OK...hospital blah, blah, blah...After however many days of antibiotics and steroids I am finally clear of the infection, YEAH! The other great news is that they don't think it was ever meningitis, but some other kind of infection in my brain (we'll call it "moving"itis). They did confirm that I am leaking cerebral spinal fluid out of my nose which causes it's own host of issues, but the only fix for that is more brain surgery to place a patch over the leak. And, given the weakness in my connective tissue they feel like if they fix it in one place it will just come back somewhere else. Their brilliant recommendation was to stay very well hydrated and eat lots of salt to make my body retain water to cushion my brain and to find a good neurosurgeon to follow up with about the problem...now wait a minute...why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I did!

Now I just have to put up with Paul's constant nagging to REST and stay hydrated..."go get in bed!"..."what do you want to drink?"..."are you thirsty?"..."want some chips?"..."when's the last time you drank something?"..."sit down!" - actually, it's very sweet...he's taking great care of me and I feel like a little princess!

Thank you so much, way beyond what I can put into words, for everything you have all done for us. You have brought meals, unpacked us, done our laundry, encouraged us, lifted us up in your prayers, entertained Jack and Luke, sat with me at the hospital, written us such kind and inspiring messages, shared your wisdom with us and done countless more incredibly kind things for us. We are so appreciative!

Hopefully this will be the last post for a WHILE! I'm praying that there is NO more news to report and I will just continue to follow God's timing for my recovery, which seems to be a little longer than I had anticipated.

Love,
April

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm so glad you're home. *hugs*
I read on one site that said the average healing time from the decompression surgery was about 18 months total (from cut to feeling 100%). Rest, you don't want to end back up in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

It is such good news to know you are home...they must think you are well enough. How wonderful to come home to order in the home. Give Paul a big five for that! We will continue to remember y'all in our prayers...now keep going in the right direction!

Unknown said...

So glad that you are home!! Stey that way! We love you and will continue to pray.

Anonymous said...

April,
Tom and I are very glad to know you're now home! Continue to take it easy as this is the very best way that you can take good care of your family. To twist a well quoted phrase, "If Mamma ain't healthy, ain't nobody healthy!"

We'll keep praying and will update those we've asked to pray for you of your progress and the need for continued prayers for your complete recovery.

Love and Prayers,
Debra

Anonymous said...

So glad you are at home. Recoveries always happen faster when you are in your own environment. And, WOW you get to recuperate in your lovely new home. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Stay on course April and be kind to your body. Be blessed in Jesus today dear one.
Love you,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

May you continue to grow in the Lord as you recover and your recovery be complete! What a blessing you are to all with your sharing and your sense of humor. Have you ever considered writing as career? You are in inspiration to all of us who are whining about small things in our lives to put them in perspective. Karen