Ideas For Posts

  • Favorite Scriptures and What They Mean To You
  • Prayers
  • Encouraging Words
  • "Funnies"
  • Writer's Choice!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Update

Just got an update from April's Dad.

April is doing better today. She ate a big breakfast and is not as tired. April's neck is really swollen and is causing her to have double vision so walking is still hard. The doctors are changing her meds to help with the swelling. Once her swelling goes down she will be moved from the ICU, maybe as early as tonight. The doctors still think that she will still beable to fly on Thursday.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear April,
this was one of the readings for Sunday, July 27,2008.
I am so glad our prayers are being answered praise our God for your continued healing.

READING
Romans 8:26-39

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. 27 And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

28 We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn within a large family. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified. 31 What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not withhold his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else? 33 Who will bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? It is Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us.35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

:) Janice Daily
Triumphant Love Lutheran Church

Anonymous said...

How amazing!!!! We had the same scripture yesterday for our service at First Baptist Church, Muleshoe, TX.

Praise God - He is in control!

Hang in there, April. Know that you are not alone. He promised to always be with you.

Peace, Comfort, Healing, Strength, Patience,
Connie

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Hi Ap and Paul,
I just spoke to Brooke and got an update of all that's going on. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Mandy Trichel

Anonymous said...

hey ape this is cash i hope your doing o.k.....your stepmonster is worrying about you too and chase says hi.... luv u miss u mean it.

Mayrean said...

April, You wouldn't believe the number of people that have inquired about you....God's line has been very busy. Just take one day at a time....and let those prayers have time to work! We are thinking of all of you.

Byron said...

Hi April,

We just got word of your procedure and wanted you to know that we're praying for a quick and full recovery. We know you're in good hands and know you will make it home soon. We'll be watching the blog for updates.

Thinking about you,
Byron and Ashley

Unknown said...

Hey April/May LOL!!! I am so glad that you started this blog as it makes it so much easier to keep up with what is happening with you. Ike keeps telling me to call, but I will wait until you are further along in the healing process. My thoughts and prayers are with you and knowing what you are going through. We are tough people to survive what we do!!!
Love ya girl!
Lycia

Brandy said...

Sweet April,
Rachel just sent me this link to your blog. I'm checking it several times a day for the latest updates. I'm praying for you constantly and can't wait for you to come home. Your spirit and positive attitude amazes and inspires me and can only aid in your recovery.

Paul, let me know if you guys need anything and I will be right over.

Love,

Brandy

Brandy said...

Sweet April,
Rachel just sent me this link to your blog. I'm checking it several times a day for the latest updates. I'm praying for you constantly and can't wait for you to come home. Your spirit and positive attitude amazes and inspires me and can only aid in your recovery.

Paul, let me know if you guys need anything and I will be right over.

Love,

Brandy

Ali said...

April,
Hopefully you remember me from our days at Baylor. Brandy just passed on the link to your site and I just wanted you to know that you and your family are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I know that your joyful spirit and positive attitude will get you through this and get you home soon. Wishing you well,
Ali (Gidel) Lord

Kathryn said...

April,

Still thinking about you constantly. I miss all of you a lot and I hope you're feeling a bit more healed soon.

Love you all!