Ideas For Posts

  • Favorite Scriptures and What They Mean To You
  • Prayers
  • Encouraging Words
  • "Funnies"
  • Writer's Choice!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tomorrow's the Big Day!!!

7/23/08
Paul and I came to NY two days ago to prepare for my Invasive Cervical Traction and Tethered Spinal Cord surgeries. I was supposed to have the ICT today and the TSC surgery tomorrow, however, what fun would it be if everything went according to plan?!?




After the Chief of Neurosurgery, Dr. Thomas Milhorat, who happens to be the very best doctor in the world specializing in Chiari and related disorders, saw the radiographical changes in my neck before and after traction and witnessed the wonderful relief of my neurologic symptoms, he changed the plan. He said I had severe cranial settling and that it needed to be fixed before the tethered spinal cord. He also said I had a perfect textbook case of craniocervical instability in a patient with EDS and asked if he could have my permission to publish my case in his book. I’m going to be famous!


So, we will report to the North Shore University Hospital at 6:00 a.m. for a craniocervical fusion. Paul will post updates on this blog as he gets them.


I will be in the Neuro ICU for 3-5 days and then a step-down unit for 3-5 more days. I will then have to spend a night or two in NY to make sure I am OK to travel home. I will be unable to receive phone calls or flowers in the NICU, but Paul and I always appreciate your prayers.


Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and for all the help you have given us during the past year. We could not have done it without you and are so grateful for your continued help. We are so blessed and we love you all!!!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh April, I am so so excited for you. Whenever you feel up to it, give me a call, hon.

Lots of love to you all,
Kathryn

Unknown said...

You both know you are in our prayers as are all your doctors and nurses. We'll keep watching the blog for news. The filters are changed, and it just may rain on your garden today!
Love and hugs,
Hobbie and Other

Anonymous said...

Please know that ALL of you are in my thoughts, on my heart and in my prayers. I'm sending some of my favorite verses that have carried me through many dark, stormy nights and days. I pray they bring God's Perfect Peace and Comfort, Strength and Security.

HELP IN TIMES OF TROUBLE

Psalm 46:1

God is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 34:7

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.

II Corinthians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort.

Psalm 103:11

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him.

Isaiah 55:9

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 21:22

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

John 10:27-29

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all.

Psalm 29:11

The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace.



Psalm 91:11

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

Philippians 4:7

And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

II Corinthians 12:19

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

I Peter 3:12

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer.

Romans 5:1

Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

II Corinthians 1:5

For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

Psalm 34:17-19

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them, he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.


2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Tons of love and prayers,
Connie Kenmore

Mayrean said...

April & Paul
Know that you will be in our thoughts all day today praying for the utmost skill for the surgeon whose hands you have been placed. Our best wishes for all of you and we pray you will be relieved of all your discomfort and pain.

Anonymous said...

Third try to comment (sigh): We'll be praying today for April to come through the surgery and post-op on eagles' wings, and for you, Paul, to experience a real sense of the presence of the Lord with you, comforting and strenthening you in your lonely vigil by April's side. Surely, His healing is on the way!

Is 41:10 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

Love to you all, Marty and Bruce Hurt